With soaring temperatures and clearer weather blanketing our forecasts, Smith Mountain Lake residents are prepping for a fun season of lake activities. Below are some tips to get your home springtime ready.
- Check your home for damage that may have occurred during the wintertime. Inspect areas like your roof, decking, docks, sidewalks, porches, and driveways.
- Clean out your gutters and downspouts. You may have debris that piled up during the fall and winter.
- Walk around your property and check for damaged or fallen trees.
- Get your garden ready for new growth. Mix in fresh soil or compost so that your veggies and flowers have a strong bed to grow.
- If you have a pool, have it inspected so that you have time to have it cleaned and repaired before the season hits.
Source: Pillar to Post Home Inspectors, Top Tips for Spring Maintenance