The Water’s Edge is a stunning 720-acre community with more than 13 miles of shoreline on the south side of Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia. With an award-winning golf course, private country club, breathtaking water and mountain views and a wide variety of options for luxury real estate at Smith Mountain Lake, The Water’s Edge is among the most sought-after addresses at SML.
Real Estate at The Water’s Edge Country Club
The Water’s Edge has more than 600 home sites, including luxury homes, condos, townhomes and building lots. The Water’s Edge homes for sale range from low-maintenance patio homes to luxurious waterfront estates. A number of individual communities – The Grande Villas, Village Green, Golfer’s Crossing and Marina Bay Condominiums – offer even more flexibility for part-time or full-time residents. The beautiful on-site equestrian center also makes The Water’s Edge horse properties popular.
Country Club Amenities
The Water’s Edge is the perfect place for your friends and family to enjoy the best of Smith Mountain Lake golf, boating, dining, equestrian, tennis and swimming. This world-class country club offers:
- Private, 18-hole PGA Championship golf courses redesigned in 2007 by nationally renowned golf course architect Richard Mandell
- Driving range, putting green and pro shop
- PGA Golf Professional on staff for private and group golf lessons
- Men’s and ladies’ golf associations with weekly play and in-season tournaments
- 28,000-square-foot luxury clubhouse
- Gourmet dining
- Multiple bar areas and outdoor patios
- Facilities for private functions such as weddings and business meetings
- Member socials and parties
- Tennis courts
- Junior Olympic-sized pool and children’s wading pool
- Fitness facilities
- Equestrian center with boarding services, riding arena and 175 acres of horseback riding trails with scenic lake views
- Paved walking trails
- Golf and social memberships available
The Water’s Edge is located in Franklin County, Virginia. Students attend Glade Hill Elementary School, Benjamin Franklin Middle School and Franklin County High School. There are also several nearby private schools, including Smith Mountain Lake Christian Academy, Christian Heritage Academy, Carlisle, Chatham Hall, Hargrave Military Academy and Heritage Academy.
The Water’s Edge Country Club offers gourmet cuisine for lunch and dinner in a casual atmosphere. The Eastroom Lounge overlooks the golf course and is a popular spot for members to gather for drinks and socializing. Just outside The Water’s Edge community are several restaurants, including Carl’s Place, a quaint diner that serves old-fashioned country favorites.
Many residents enjoy traveling by boat to Smith Mountain Lake waterfront restaurants. The Landing, Mexico Viejo, King’s Point Pub, Mitchell’s Restaurant and Heath’s Waterfront Grill are all convenient by water to The Water’s Edge.
Residents of The Water’s Edge generally head to Westlake Corner for shopping at Smith Mountain Lake with Rocky Mount and Gretna also nearby. All offer grocery stores, clothing boutiques, jewelry stores, home and garden outlets, sporting goods and gift stores. Popular Smith Mountain Lake shopping centers include Westlake Towne Center, Bridgewater Plaza and Downtown Moneta.
You Might Also Like
Many people searching Smith Mountain Lake waterfront homes also consider these other nearby communities: